Blood Rage Board Game Review
Name: Blood Rage
BGG Weight: 2.88 / 5
Year Published: 2015
Publisher: CMON Limited
Designer: Eric M. Lang
Number of Players: 2-4
Playing Time: 60-90 minutes
Game Category/Theme: Mythology, Strategy, Area Control, Card Drafting
Board Game Mechanics: Action Points, Area Majority / Influence, Area Movement, Card Play Conflict Resolution, Closed Drafting
Player Interaction: 9.2
Game Rating: 8.9
Weight Rating: (7.5 + 8.5) = 16.0
Playability Rating: [(9.0 + 9.2 + 8.9) – 7.5] = 20.6
Play Rating Score: (16.0 + 20.6) x 2 = 73.2
Value Rating: 73.2 / 6.0 = 12.2
Final Score Rating: 73.2 + 12.2 = 85.4
Blood Rage is an excellent game that mixes elements of mythology, strategy, and area control. Players take on the roles of Viking clans that are competing for glory and a place in Valhalla. The game is played over three rounds, with players drafting cards to build their armies and complete quests. Each round ends with a Ragnarok event that destroys parts of the board and eliminates weaker units, adding to the strategic complexity.
One of the strengths of Blood Rage is its player interaction, with players constantly competing for territory, completing quests, and fighting each other’s armies. The game also features a variety of different strategies and play styles, with each clan having unique abilities and cards.
Blood Rage does not offer solo or cooperative play, so it is best played with a group of friends. The game can be complex, but the rules are easy to learn and the gameplay is intuitive. The art and components are top-notch, with highly-detailed miniatures and beautifully illustrated cards.
If you enjoyed Blood Rage, here are 10 other games you might like:
- Rising Sun – Similar theme and gameplay mechanics, with players competing for control of Japan.
- Scythe – A strategy game with a unique alternate history theme and asymmetric player powers.
- Cthulhu Wars – A highly strategic game with a Lovecraftian theme and asymmetrical factions.
- Terraforming Mars – A card drafting game with a sci-fi theme and a focus on engine-building.
- Root – A strategy game with a woodland animal theme and asymmetric player powers.
- Twilight Imperium – A massive, epic strategy game set in a sci-fi universe with multiple factions.
- Gloomhaven – A cooperative dungeon-crawling game with a focus on tactical combat and character progression.
- Dominant Species – A complex strategy game with a focus on evolution and survival in a changing environment.
- Brass: Birmingham – A strategy game with a historical theme, focused on building economic empires.
- Anachrony – A time-traveling strategy game with a sci-fi theme and a focus on resource management and worker placement.
This review was provided by Open Source Artificial Intelligence programs. It uses a series of complex statement to have AI programs amalgomate their databases to produces information on board games. These reviews are completely unedited output from the AI bots.