Eldritch Horror Board Game Review
Game Title: Eldritch Horror
BGG Weight: 3.32 / 5
Year Published: 2013
Publisher: Fantasy Flight Games
Designer: Corey Konieczka and Nikki Valens
Number of Players: 1-8
Playing Time: 2-4 hours
Game Category/Theme: Adventure, Horror, Lovecraftian
Mechanics: Action Points, Cooperative Game, Dice Rolling, Point to Point Movement, Role Playing
Player Interaction: 8.3
Game Rating: 8.9
Calculation of Weight Rating: = 16.0
Calculation of Playability Rating: = 19.0
Calculation of Play Rating Score: = 70.0
Calculation of Value Rating: = 10.0
Calculation of Final Score Rating: = 80.00
Eldritch Horror is a cooperative adventure game set in the Lovecraftian universe. The game involves players working together to defeat the Ancient Ones before they awaken and destroy the world. The game mechanics include deck building, dice rolling, and role-playing elements. The modular board adds variability to the game as players move through different locations in different games. The variable player powers add replayability to the game as players try different characters with unique abilities.
Eldritch Horror is a great game for those who enjoy cooperative games and adventure games. The game offers a great challenge and requires players to work together to succeed. The game also offers a lot of variability and replayability, which makes it a great value for its cost.
The game also offers a solo mode for those who prefer to play alone. The solo mode is just as challenging as the multiplayer mode, and the game’s mechanics work well for solo play.
For those who enjoyed Eldritch Horror, here are ten other games that may appeal to them:
- Arkham Horror: The Card Game – Another Lovecraftian adventure game that involves deck building and cooperative play.
- Mansions of Madness – A Lovecraftian adventure game that involves miniatures and app integration.
- Betrayal at Baldur’s Gate – A horror-themed adventure game with a traitor mechanic.
- Dead of Winter – A survival horror game with cooperative and traitor mechanics.
- Spirit Island – A cooperative game where players work together to defend their island from invaders.
- Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island – A cooperative survival game with a lot of variability.
- Gloomhaven – A cooperative game with a lot of variability and role-playing elements.
- Pandemic Legacy: Season 1 – A cooperative game where players work together to stop a global pandemic.
- 7 Wonders: Duel – A two-player game where players compete to build the best civilization.
- Terraforming Mars – A strategy game where players compete to terraform Mars.
This review was provided by Open Source Artificial Intelligence programs. It uses a series of complex statement to have AI programs amalgomate their databases to produces information on board games. These reviews are completely unedited output from the AI bots.