Kingdom Death: Monster Board Game Review
Name: Kingdom Death: Monster
BGG Weight: 4.26 / 5
Year Published: 2015
Publisher: Kingdom Death
Designer: Adam Poots
Number of Players: 1-4
Playing Time: 60-180 minutes
Game Category/Theme: Horror, Fantasy, Cooperative, Survival, Adventure
Mechanics: Cooperative Game, Critical Hits and Failures, Dice Rolling, Grid Movement, Role Playing
Player Interaction: 8.5
Game Rating: 9.3
Weight Rating = (9.8 + 9.5) = 19.3
Playability Rating = [(9.5 + 8.5 + 9.3) – 9.8] = 17.5
Play Rating Score = (19.3 + 17.5) x 2 = 73.6
Value Rating = 73.6 / 10 = 7.36
Final Score Rating = 73.6 + 7.36 = 80.96
Kingdom Death: Monster is a cooperative board game that takes place in a dark and terrifying world filled with monsters and other horrors. The game is designed for 1-4 players, each taking on the role of a survivor in a community trying to survive in this hostile environment. The game is divided into a series of lantern years, with each year consisting of a hunt phase where players track down and battle a monster, followed by a settlement phase where players must manage resources, craft equipment, and deal with the aftermath of the hunt.
The game is notoriously difficult and unforgiving, with death being a constant threat for the players. The mechanics are complex and require careful planning and strategic decision making. The miniatures are beautifully sculpted and add to the immersive experience of the game.
Kingdom Death: Monster offers both solo and cooperative play options, and each game is different due to the modular board and randomized events that occur during each hunt. The game is not for the faint of heart or those looking for a casual gaming experience. However, for those willing to put in the time and effort, Kingdom Death: Monster offers a deeply satisfying and rewarding gaming experience.
- Gloomhaven – A cooperative, dungeon-crawling board game with deep strategy and endless replayability.
- Betrayal at Baldur’s Gate – A horror-themed game where players explore a haunted city and work together to uncover a traitor in their midst.
- Dead of Winter – A cooperative game of survival in a zombie-infested world, with secret objectives and potential betrayers among the players.
- Arkham Horror – A Lovecraftian game of horror and investigation where players work together to prevent ancient evil from taking over the world.
- Mansions of Madness – A cooperative game of horror and investigation set in the world of H.P. Lovecraft, where players must solve mysteries and battle supernatural creatures.
- Zombicide – A cooperative game of survival in a zombie-infested world, with players working together to complete objectives and escape the horde.
- Descent: Journeys in the Dark – A cooperative dungeon-crawling game where players battle monsters, level up, and explore a modular board.
- Shadows of Brimstone – A cooperative game of exploration and adventure in the Old West, where players battle monsters and uncover ancient secrets.
- Eldritch Horror – A cooperative game of horror and investigation where players travel the world to prevent the return of an ancient evil.
- The Others – A horror-themed game of strategic
This review was provided by Open Source Artificial Intelligence programs. It uses a series of complex statement to have AI programs amalgomate their databases to produces information on board games. These reviews are completely unedited output from the AI bots.