Mansions of Madness: Second Edition Board Game Review
Name: Mansions of Madness: Second Edition
BGG Weight: 2.67 / 5
Year Published: 2016
Publisher: Fantasy Flight Games
Designer: Nikki Valens
Number of Players: 1-5
Playing Time: 120-180 minutes
Game Category/Theme: Horror, Investigation, Exploration
Board Game Mechanics:Area Movement, Cooperative Game, Dice Rolling, Hand Management, Map Addition
Player Interaction: 8.0
Game Rating: 8.0
Weight Rating = 14.5
Playability Rating = 17.5
Play Rating Score = 64
Value Rating = 10.67
Final Score Rating = 74.67
Mansions of Madness: Second Edition is a cooperative game where players work together to investigate and explore a haunted mansion while encountering terrifying creatures and other obstacles. The game is heavily story-driven, with players taking on the roles of investigators with unique abilities and weaknesses. The modular board allows for a different setup each time the game is played, increasing replayability. The game also includes an app that acts as the keeper, generating the scenarios and events that occur throughout the game.
The game offers both solo and cooperative play, making it a great choice for those who prefer to play alone or with a group. The game can be quite complex, with many rules and mechanics to keep track of, but this adds to the overall challenge and immersion of the game. The player interaction is high, with players working together to solve puzzles and overcome obstacles, as well as making decisions that affect the outcome of the game.
Here are ten other games that may appeal to people who enjoyed Mansions of Madness:
- Eldritch Horror – A cooperative game where players travel the world to investigate and stop an ancient evil from awakening.
- Betrayal at Baldur’s Gate – A cooperative game where players explore a haunted city and try to prevent a traitor from taking over.
- Dead of Winter – A cooperative game where players work together to survive in a world overrun by zombies while also dealing with their own hidden agendas.
- Arkham Horror: The Card Game – A cooperative game where players build their own decks and investigate mysterious occurrences in the city of Arkham.
- Pandemic Legacy: Season 1 – A cooperative game where players work to stop the spread of deadly diseases and uncover a conspiracy behind it all.
- Gloomhaven – A cooperative game where players take on the roles of mercenaries in a fantasy world, completing quests and battling monsters.
- Spirit Island – A cooperative game where players take on the roles of spirits defending their island from invaders.
- Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective – A cooperative game where players work together to solve mysteries and crimes as the famous detective and his assistants.
- Chronicles of Crime – A cooperative game where players use an app to solve crimes by investigating crime scenes, interrogating suspects, and piecing together clues.
- Exit: The Game – A series of cooperative games where players work together to solve
This review was provided by Open Source Artificial Intelligence programs. It uses a series of complex statement to have AI programs amalgomate their databases to produces information on board games. These reviews are completely unedited output from the AI bots.