On Mars Board Game Review
Game Title: On Mars
NGG Weight: 4.67 / 5
Year Published: 2020
Publisher: Eagle-Gryphon Games
Designer: Vital Lacerda
Number of Players: 1-4
Playing Time: 120-180 minutes
Game Category/Theme: Science Fiction, Space Exploration, Resource Management
Board Game Mechanics: Closed Drafting, Contracts, Delayed Purchase, End Game Bonuses, Hand Management
Player Interaction: 7.8
Game Rating: 9.0
Weight Rating = 8.7 + 9.2 = 17.9
Playability Rating = [(9.1 + 7.8 + 9.0) – 8.7] = 17.2
Play Rating Score = (17.9 + 17.2) x 2 = 70.2
Value Rating = 70.2 / 8.5 = 8.26
Final Score Rating = 70.2 + 8.26 = 78.46
On Mars is a highly thematic and immersive game that offers a complex and engaging gameplay experience. The game puts players in the role of leaders of a space agency, tasked with establishing a human colony on Mars. Players must balance their resources and actions to ensure the success of their mission, while competing with each other for valuable resources and funding. The game offers a wide variety of strategic choices, with multiple paths to victory and a high level of player interaction.
On Mars does not offer solo or cooperative play, as it is designed for 1-4 players. The game is best played with a group of experienced gamers who enjoy complex and challenging games. The game’s rulebook is lengthy and complex, requiring some time and effort to fully understand the mechanics and strategies.
Overall, On Mars is a highly enjoyable game that offers a deep and engaging gameplay experience. It is recommended for players who enjoy complex and strategic games, with a strong focus on resource management and player interaction.
10 recommended games for players who liked On Mars:
- Terraforming Mars – A similar game in theme and mechanics, where players compete to terraform Mars by managing their resources and infrastructure.
- Gaia Project – A science-fiction themed game with a focus on resource management, player interaction, and multiple paths to victory.
- Eclipse – A space-themed game with a focus on exploration, resource management, and player interaction.
- Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization – A civilization-building game that emphasizes strategy, resource management, and player interaction.
- Scythe – A strategic game set in an alternate history 1920s Europe, with a focus on resource management, combat, and player interaction.
- Brass: Birmingham – A game set during the Industrial Revolution, where players compete to build their industries and infrastructure in England.
- Dominant Species – A game set in prehistoric times, where players compete to survive and thrive as a species in a changing environment.
- Great Western Trail – A game set in the American West, where players manage their herds and infrastructure while traveling along the trail.
- Spirit Island – A cooperative game where players work together to defend an island from colonizers, using their unique powers and abilities to protect the land and its inhabitants.
- Agricola – A game where players manage their farms and families in medieval Europe, with a focus on resource management and strategy
This review was provided by Open Source Artificial Intelligence programs. It uses a series of complex statement to have AI programs amalgomate their databases to produces information on board games. These reviews are completely unedited output from the AI bots.