Star Wars: Rebeliion Board Game Review
Name of the game: Star Wars: Rebellion
BGG Weight: 3.84 / 5
Year Published: 2016
Publisher: Fantasy Flight Games
Designer: Corey Konieczka
Number of Players: 2-4
Playing Time: 180-240 minutes
Game Category/Theme: Science Fiction, War
Mechanics: Area Majority / Influence, Area Movement, Area-Impulse, Card Play Conflict Resolution, Contracts
Player Interaction: 9.0
Game Rating: 8.8
Weight Rating = (8.5 + 9.0) = 17.5
Playability rating = [(9.0 + 9.0 + 8.8) – 8.5] = 18.3
Play Rating score = (17.5 + 18.3) x 2 = 71.6
Value Rating = 71.6 / 6.0 = 11.93
Final Score Rating = 71.6 + 11.93 = 83.53
Star Wars: Rebellion is a fantastic board game that captures the epic nature of the Star Wars universe. The game is designed for 2-4 players, with one player taking on the role of the Galactic Empire, and the other player(s) leading the Rebel Alliance. The game is played over a series of rounds, with each round representing a month in the game world. The objective of the Empire is to locate and destroy the Rebel base, while the Rebels must complete various missions to gain support and eventually overthrow the Empire.
One of the strengths of the game is the asymmetrical gameplay, with each side having their own unique strengths and weaknesses. The Empire has a vast array of military resources and control over the galaxy, while the Rebels must rely on guerilla tactics and secrecy to achieve their goals. This leads to a lot of interesting decisions and trade-offs for both sides throughout the game.
The game also features a unique combat system that combines dice rolling with card play and strategy. Players must carefully manage their military resources and decide when to commit them to battles. Star Wars: Rebellion offers no solo or cooperative play, as it is designed as a competitive game.
Other games for people who liked Star Wars: Rebellion:
- Twilight Imperium: Fourth Edition – A science fiction epic with a vast array of factions and strategic decisions to make.
- War of the Ring: Second Edition – A Lord of the Rings themed game with asymmetrical gameplay and a focus on epic battles.
- Axis & Allies – A World War II themed game with a focus on military strategy and resource management.
- Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game – A cooperative game where players must work together to survive while dealing with hidden traitors.
- Eclipse – A science fiction game that combines exploration, resource management, and combat.
- Scythe – A game with a unique alternate history setting and focus on resource management and strategy.
- Star Wars: Imperial Assault – A tactical game that simulates ground battles in the Star Wars universe.
- Forbidden Stars – A game that combines area control, combat, and resource management in a science fiction setting.
- Gloomhaven – A cooperative game with a heavy focus on tactical combat and character development.
- Diplomacy – A classic game of negotiation, alliances, and betrayal set during World War I.
This review was provided by Open Source Artificial Intelligence programs. It uses a series of complex statement to have AI programs amalgomate their databases to produces information on board games. These reviews are completely unedited output from the AI bots.