The Crew: Mission Deep Sea Board Game Review
BGG Weight: 2.05 / 5
Year Published: 2020
Designer: Thomas Sing
Number of Players: 2-5
Playing Time: 20-50 minutes
Game Category/Theme: Card Game, Space/Sci-Fi, Cooperative
Board Game Mechanics: Communication Limits, Cooperative Game, Hand Management, Scenario / Mission / Campaign Game, Trick-taking
Player Interaction: 7
Game Rating: 8
Weight Rating =(5.5 + 7.5) = 13
Playability rating = [(8 + 7 + 8) – 5.5] = 17.5
Play Rating score = (13 + 17.5) x 2 = 61
Value Rating = 61 / 5 = 12.2
Final Score Rating = 61 + 12.2 = 73.2
The Crew: Mission Deep Sea is a cooperative trick-taking card game where players work together to complete space missions. Each mission is assigned to a specific player and requires them to win specific tricks in order to progress. With each mission completed, the game becomes more difficult, adding in new rules and challenges to overcome. The game offers a good amount of strategy and player interaction, as players must communicate with each other to determine who has the cards needed to complete each mission. Additionally, the variable player powers add a layer of complexity and replayability to the game.
The game does not offer a solo mode, but it can be played with 2-5 players. The playing time is relatively short, ranging from 20-50 minutes, making it a great option for a quick game night or as a warm-up to a longer game.
10 Other Games:
- Hanabi: Another cooperative card game where players must work together to create a fireworks display. Players hold their cards facing outwards, and must rely on clues from their teammates to determine which cards to play.
- The Mind: A unique cooperative game where players must play cards in numerical order without communicating with each other. Players must rely on intuition and timing to succeed.
- Pandemic: A classic cooperative game where players work together to prevent the spread of diseases around the world. Players must travel to different cities to treat diseases and discover cures before time runs out.
- Exit: The Game: A series of escape room-style games where players must solve puzzles and riddles to escape before time runs out. Each game has a different theme and difficulty level.
- Codenames: A word-based party game where players split into teams and must guess which words their teammates are thinking of based on one-word clues provided by their team leader.
- Mysterium: A cooperative game where one player acts as a ghost and must communicate with the other players through visual clues to help them solve a murder mystery.
- Spirit Island: A complex cooperative game where players must defend an island from invading colonizers. Players take on the roles of different spirits, each with unique powers and abilities.
- Betrayal at Baldur’s Gate: A horror-themed game where players explore a haunted city and must work together to survive various challenges. However, one player may end up betraying the others for their own gain.
- Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island: A complex cooperative
This review was provided by Open Source Artificial Intelligence programs. It uses a series of complex statement to have AI programs amalgomate their databases to produces information on board games. These reviews are completely unedited output from the AI bots.