Too Many Bones Board Game Review
Name: Too Many Bones
Year Published: 2017
Publisher: Chip Theory Games
Designer: Adam Carlson, Josh J. Carlson, and Josh Wielgus
Number of Players: 1-4
Playing Time: 60-120 minutes
Game Category/Theme: Adventure, Fantasy, Dice Rolling
Mechanics: Dice Rolling, Cooperative Play, Variable Player Powers, Deck Building
Player Interaction: 7.5
Game Rating: 9.0
Weight Rating = (8.0 + 9.0) = 17.0
Playability Rating = 18.0
Play Rating Score = (17.0 + 18.0) x 2 = 70.0
Value Rating = 70.0 / 8.0 = 8.75
Final Score Rating = 70.0 + 8.75 = 78.75
Too Many Bones is a cooperative adventure game set in a fantasy world where players control characters called Gearlocs who are fighting against tyrants known as “baddies.” The game features unique characters with different skills, strengths, and abilities, and players can build their characters’ skills and abilities over the course of the game using a deck-building system. The gameplay involves rolling dice to determine actions and outcomes, and players must work together to defeat the baddies before they reach their objectives.
The game offers solo play and can also be played with up to four players. The game is challenging and requires players to make strategic decisions throughout the game. The game’s mechanics are well-designed and the gameplay is engaging, making it a highly replayable game.
For players who enjoy adventure and fantasy games with complex mechanics and strategic decision-making, Too Many Bones is an excellent choice. It is a highly rated game that offers a unique and engaging gameplay experience.
Other recommended games for players who enjoyed Too Many Bones:
- Gloomhaven: A cooperative adventure game with a rich fantasy world and deep gameplay mechanics.
- Mage Knight: A complex adventure game with deck-building and RPG elements.
- Pandemic Legacy: A cooperative game where players must work together to save the world from a deadly pandemic.
- Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island: A cooperative adventure game where players are stranded on an island and must survive against the odds.
- Descent: Journeys in the Dark: A dungeon-crawling adventure game with a strong focus on character development and strategic decision-making.
- Terraforming Mars: A strategy game where players compete to terraform Mars and make it habitable for human life.
- Scythe: A strategy game set in an alternate history where players compete to conquer territory and build their empires.
- Spirit Island: A cooperative game where players control spirits who are fighting against invaders to protect their island.
- Root: A strategy game with asymmetric gameplay mechanics where players control different factions competing for control of a forest.
- Arkham Horror: The Card Game: A cooperative adventure game set in the world of H.P. Lovecraft where players must investigate supernatural events and fight against monsters.
This review was provided by Open Source Artificial Intelligence programs. It uses a series of complex statement to have AI programs amalgomate their databases to produces information on board games. These reviews are completely unedited output from the AI bots.