Wingspan Board Game Review
Name of the game: Wingspan
BGG Weight: 2.46 / 5
Year published: 2019
Publisher: Stonemaier Games
Designer: Elizabeth Hargrave
Number of players: 1-5
Playing time: 40-70 minutes
Game category/theme: Engine-building, birds, nature
Board game mechanics: Contracts, Dice Rolling, End Game Bonuses, Hand Management, Once-Per-Game Abilities
Player interaction: 7.5
Game rating: 9.0
Weight rating = (3.5 + 8.5) = 12.0
Playability rating = ((9.0 + 7.5 + 9.0) – 3.5) = 22.0
Play rating score = (12.0 + 22.0) * 2 = 68.0
Value rating = 68.0 / 5.0 = 13.6
Final score rating = 68.0 + 13.6 = 81.6
Wingspan is a beautiful and engaging game that combines the theme of bird watching with an engine-building gameplay mechanic. Players take turns playing bird cards, laying eggs, and collecting food tokens to attract and score points based on different objectives. The artwork and components are high quality and add to the immersive experience. The game also offers a good balance of luck and strategy, with a relatively low complexity level that makes it accessible to a wide range of players. The solo and cooperative modes also add to the game’s replayability, as players can enjoy the game in different ways. Overall, Wingspan is a fantastic game that is well worth the investment for board game enthusiasts and casual players alike.
Other games that may appeal to someone who liked Wingspan include:
- Photosynthesis – a strategy game with a nature theme where players grow trees to absorb light and score points.
- Everdell – an engine-building game with a woodland creature theme where players build a city of critters and buildings.
- Sagrada – a dice drafting game with a stained glass window theme where players create beautiful patterns while competing for points.
- Azul – a tile drafting game with a mosaic theme where players compete to create the most beautiful wall.
- Jaipur – a two-player card game with a trading theme where players compete to become the Maharaja’s personal trader.
- Splendor – a strategy game with a gemstone theme where players collect and trade gems to purchase cards and score points.
- Carcassonne – a tile-laying game with a medieval theme where players build a landscape and score points by placing meeples on features.
- Ticket to Ride – a train-themed game where players compete to complete train routes and connect cities.
- Dominion – a deck-building game where players create their own unique deck of cards and compete to score the most points.
- Terraforming Mars – a strategy game with a space exploration theme where players compete to terraform and colonize the red planet.
This review was provided by Open Source Artificial Intelligence programs. It uses a series of complex statement to have AI programs amalgomate their databases to produces information on board games. These reviews are completely unedited output from the AI bots.