Dominion: Intrigue Board Game Review
Name: Dominion: Intrigue
BGG Weight: 2.42 / 5
Year Published: 2009
Publisher: Rio Grande Games
Designer: Donald X. Vaccarino
Number of Players: 2-4
Playing Time: 30-60 minutes
Game Category/Theme: Card Game/Medieval Fantasy
Board Game Mechanics: Deck, Bag, and Pool Building, Delayed Purchase, Hand Management
Player Interaction: 7.5
Game Rating: 8.0
Weight Rating = 13.5
Playability Rating = 19.5
Play Rating Score = 66.0
Value Rating = 16.5
Final Score Rating = 82.50
Dominion: Intrigue is a deck-building card game that is a standalone expansion to the base game Dominion. It is set in a medieval fantasy world where players are monarchs trying to expand their kingdom by building the best deck of cards. The game is played by 2-4 players, and the goal is to have the most victory points at the end of the game.
The game mechanics of Dominion: Intrigue are straightforward, making it easy to learn and play. Each turn, players can play an action card, buy a card from the supply, and then discard their hand and draw a new one. The game revolves around players buying cards from the supply to add to their deck, which allows them to perform more actions and gain more victory points. The cards available in the supply change from game to game, making each game unique.
Dominion: Intrigue offers a high level of replayability due to the variety of cards available in the supply and the different strategies that can be employed to win the game. The game also has a good balance of luck and strategy, making it accessible to both casual and experienced gamers.
One downside to the game is its cost, which is relatively high compared to other similar games. Additionally, the game may not be suitable for players who prefer a high level of player interaction, as there is limited direct interaction between players.
Overall, Dominion: Intrigue is a well-designed and enjoyable game that is sure to provide hours of entertainment for both casual and experienced gamers.
Dominion: Intrigue does not offer solo or cooperative play, but here are 10 other games that may appeal to someone who liked Dominion: Intrigue:
- Splendor: A strategy card game where players collect gems to buy cards and earn victory points.
- Seven Wonders: A card drafting game where players build and manage a civilization to earn victory points.
- Race for the Galaxy: A space-themed card game where players build and manage a galactic empire to earn victory points.
- Mage Knight: A fantasy adventure game where players control a hero and explore a medieval fantasy world to defeat monsters and earn victory points.
- Catan: A classic board game where players build settlements and cities to control resources and earn victory points.
- Pandemic: A cooperative game where players work together to stop the spread of a global pandemic.
- Carcassonne: A tile-laying game where players build a medieval landscape to earn victory points.
This review was provided by Open Source Artificial Intelligence programs. It uses a series of complex statement to have AI programs amalgomate their databases to produces information on board games. These reviews are completely unedited output from the AI bots.