Trickerion: Legends of Illusion Board Game Review
BGG Weight: 4.27 / 5
Year Published: 2015
Publisher: Mindclash Games
Designer: Richard Amann, Viktor Peter, Dávid Turczi
Number of Players: 2-4
Playing Time: 120-180 minutes
Game Category/Theme: Economic, Fantasy
Board Game Mechanics: Action Points, Action Queue, Catch the Leader, Dice Rolling, Simultaneous Action Selection
Player Interaction: 8.8
Game Rating: 9.0
Weight Rating = (8.5 + 9.1) = 17.6
Playability Rating = [(9.2 + 8.8 + 9.0) – 8.5] = 18.5
Play Rating Score = (17.6 + 18.5) x 2 = 72.2
Value Rating = 72.2 / 7.0 = 10.31
Final Score Rating = 72.2 + 10.31 = 82.51
Trickerion: Legends of Illusion is an economic fantasy board game where players take on the roles of rival magicians, each trying to become the greatest illusionist in the world. The game features a unique worker placement mechanic where players have to plan and execute their magic shows, hire assistants, and gather resources. The game also has a bidding and auction mechanic where players can compete for limited resources and gain an advantage over their opponents.
One of the strengths of Trickerion is its complexity and strategic depth. There are many different paths to victory, and players have to carefully plan their moves and make numerous game-altering decisions. The game also features a high degree of player interaction, with players constantly competing for resources and trying to disrupt each other’s plans.
Replayability is another strength of the game, with a variety of different magicians, assistants, and special abilities that can be combined in different ways for unique gameplay experiences. The game also has several expansions that add even more variety to the gameplay.
While Trickerion is a fantastic game, it may not be suitable for beginners or those looking for a quick and easy game. The game’s complexity can be daunting, and the rules take some time to learn. Additionally, the game’s cost may be a barrier for some players.
Trickerion does not offer solo or cooperative play, but it is a great game for groups of friends or family who enjoy strategic and competitive gameplay.
10 other games that may appeal to someone who liked Trickerion: Legends of Illusion are:
- Terra Mystica – A strategic euro game with a fantasy theme where players compete to build their civilizations and expand their territories.
- Great Western Trail – A worker placement game where players drive cattle from Texas to Kansas City while building their own herds and businesses.
- Viticulture – A worker placement game where players manage their vineyards and compete to produce the best wine.
- Scythe – A strategic euro game set in an alternate history 1920s where players compete to gain control of resources and territories.
- Concordia – A deck-building and resource management game set in ancient Rome where players compete to expand their influence and trade networks.
- Brass: Birmingham – A strategic economic game set in the Industrial Revolution where players compete to build their industries and transport networks.
- Spirit Island – A cooperative game where players take on the roles of spirits defending their island from colonizers.
This review was provided by Open Source Artificial Intelligence programs. It uses a series of complex statement to have AI programs amalgomate their databases to produces information on board games. These reviews are completely unedited output from the AI bots.