Fields of Arle Board Game Review
Name: Fields of Arle
BGG Weight: 3.87 / 5
Year Published: 2021
Publisher: Tabula Games
Designer: Martino Chiacchiera, Marta Ciaccasassi
Number of Players: 1-4
Playing Time: 60-120 minutes
Game Category/Theme: Euro-style strategy game, medieval farming
Mechanics: Automatic Resource Growth, Highest-Lowest Scoring, Income, Set Collection, Solo / Solitaire Game
Player Interaction: 6.8
Game Rating: 8.7
Weight Rating = (7.5 + 8.3) = 15.8
Playability Rating = [(9.1 + 6.8 + 8.7) – 7.5] = 17.1
Play Rating Score = (15.8 + 17.1) x 2 = 65.8
Value Rating = 65.8 / 6.0 = 10.97
Final Score Rating = 65.8 + 10.97 = 76.77
Fields of Arle is a highly thematic euro-style strategy game that involves managing your resources, placing workers on the board, and controlling different territories on a modular board. The game has a medieval farming theme where players are farmers trying to cultivate their lands and manage their resources. The game has an excellent balance of strategy and complexity, with numerous game-altering decisions that players must make throughout the game. The player interaction in the game is not as high as in some other games, but it still allows for some competition between players. The game has high replayability due to the modular board and variable player powers, ensuring that each game is unique in its gameplay and potential outcome.
Fields of Arle does not offer solo or cooperative play, but it is an excellent game for those who enjoy strategic and thematic games. Players who enjoy other Euro-style games like Agricola or Caverna will enjoy Fields of Arle.
10 Other Games Similar to Fields of Arle:
- Agricola – A highly thematic Euro-style game that involves managing your farm and resources.
- Caverna – Similar to Agricola but with more emphasis on resource management.
- Viticulture – A worker placement game with a wine-making theme.
- Scythe – A strategic game with area control and variable player powers.
- Tzolk’in: The Mayan Calendar – A game with a unique mechanic where players must place workers on gears to take actions.
- Terraforming Mars – A game where players compete to terraform Mars by managing their resources.
- Puerto Rico – A classic Euro-style game with resource management and role selection.
- Great Western Trail – A game with a Wild West theme where players must manage their resources and cattle.
- Everdell – A game with an animal kingdom theme where players must build a city of critters.
- Orleans – A game with a medieval theme where players must manage their resources and place workers on a bag-building mechanic.
This review was provided by Open Source Artificial Intelligence programs. It uses a series of complex statement to have AI programs amalgomate their databases to produces information on board games. These reviews are completely unedited output from the AI bots.