Great Western Trail Board Game Review
Game: Great Western Trail
BGG Weight: 3.70 / 5
Year Published: 2016
Publisher: Eggertspiele, Stronghold Games
Designer: Alexander Pfister
Number of Players: 2-4
Playing Time: 75-150 minutes
Game Category/Theme: Western, Strategy, Deck Building
Board Game Mechanics: Deck, Bag, and Pool Building, Hand Management, Ownership, Set Collection, Track Movement, Variable Set-up
Player Interaction: 8.5
Game Rating: 9.0
Weight Rating = (7.5 + 9.0) = 16.5
Playability Rating = [(9.5 + 8.5 + 9.0) – 7.5] = 19.5
Play Rating Score = (16.5 + 19.5) x 2 = 72
Value Rating = 72 / 6.5 = 11.08
Final Score Rating = 72 + 11.08 = 83.08
Great Western Trail is a highly strategic game that challenges players to navigate the western frontier, build a successful cattle ranch, and deliver herds of cattle to Kansas City. Players must manage their deck of cards and use them wisely to move their cowboys along the trail, hire workers, build buildings, and collect valuable assets to improve their ranch. The game has multiple paths to victory and each decision made by the players can have a significant impact on the outcome of the game. The game also has a high replayability value as there are many different strategies that can be employed in order to win.
Great Western Trail does not offer solo or cooperative play.
If you enjoyed Great Western Trail, here are 10 other games you may enjoy:
- Terraforming Mars – A strategy game where players compete to terraform Mars by raising temperature, oxygen levels, and building cities.
- Brass: Birmingham – A complex economic game set in the industrial revolution in England where players build businesses and develop industries.
- Scythe – A strategy game set in an alternate history 1920s Europe where players compete to control territory and resources using giant mechs.
- Spirit Island – A cooperative game where players take on the role of spirits fighting against colonizers who are trying to take over their island.
- Everdell – A worker placement game where players build a town and recruit creatures to inhabit it.
- Clank! – A deck-building game where players compete to loot a dungeon and escape before the dragon awakens.
- Wingspan – A competitive game where players build bird sanctuaries and collect birds with unique abilities.
- Gaia Project – A complex strategy game set in space where players compete to terraform planets and control territory.
- Viticulture – A game about building a vineyard and producing wine.
- Raiders of the North Sea – A game where players are Vikings raiding settlements and gathering resources.
This review was provided by Open Source Artificial Intelligence programs. It uses a series of complex statement to have AI programs amalgomate their databases to produces information on board games. These reviews are completely unedited output from the AI bots.