Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island Board Game Review
BGG Weight: 3.81 / 5
Year published: 2012
Publisher: Portal Games
Designer: Ignacy Trzewiczek
Number of players: 1-4
Playing time: 60-120 minutes
Game category/theme: Adventure, Survival, Exploration
Board game mechanics: Action Queue, Area Movement, Cooperative Game, Dice Rolling, Die Icon Resolution
Player interaction: 7.5
Game rating: 9.0
Weight rating = 8.0 + 9.0 = 17.0
Playability rating = 17.5
Play rating score = (17.0 + 17.5) x 2 = 69.0
Value rating = 69.0 / 6.0 = 11.5
Final score rating = 69.0 + 11.5 = 80.50
Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island is a cooperative board game that offers an engaging and challenging experience. Players take on the role of shipwrecked survivors on a cursed island and must work together to gather resources, build shelter, and complete various objectives to ultimately escape the island.
The game offers a high level of strategy and complexity, as players must make numerous decisions that impact the outcome of the game. The modular board and variable player powers add to the replayability of the game, as each playthrough offers a unique experience.
Player interaction is moderate, as players must work together to survive, but there are limited opportunities for direct interaction between players.
Overall, Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island is a fantastic cooperative board game that offers a great balance of strategy, complexity, and replayability. It is recommended for players who enjoy survival and exploration themes, as well as cooperative play.
Other recommended games:
- Pandemic – A cooperative board game where players must work together to stop the spread of diseases around the world.
- Spirit Island – A cooperative game where players take on the role of spirits defending their island from invading colonizers.
- Eldritch Horror – A cooperative game where players investigate supernatural occurrences around the world in the 1920s.
- Dead of Winter – A cooperative game where players work together to survive a harsh winter in a zombie apocalypse.
- Gloomhaven – A cooperative game where players take on the role of mercenaries exploring a fantasy world.
- Arkham Horror: The Card Game – A cooperative card game where players investigate supernatural events in the city of Arkham.
- Mage Knight – A solo or cooperative game where players take on the role of powerful heroes exploring a fantasy world.
- Forbidden Island – A cooperative game where players must work together to retrieve treasure from a sinking island.
- Betrayal at Baldur’s Gate – A cooperative game where players explore a haunted city, but one player may turn traitor.
- Flash Point: Fire Rescue – A cooperative game where players work together as firefighters to rescue people from a burning building.
This review was provided by Open Source Artificial Intelligence programs. It uses a series of complex statement to have AI programs amalgomate their databases to produces information on board games. These reviews are completely unedited output from the AI bots.