The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-Earth Board Game Review
Name of the game: The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-Earth
BGG Weight: 2.63 / 5
Year published: 2019
Publisher: Fantasy Flight Games
Designer: Nathan I. Hajek, Grace Holdinghaus
Number of players: 1-5
Playing time: 60-120 minutes
Game category/theme: Adventure, Fantasy, Exploration
Mechanics: Campaign / Battle Card Driven, Cooperative Game, Deck, Bag, and Pool Building, Modular Board, Role Playing
Player Interaction: 8.0
Game Rating: 9.0
Weight Rating = 16.0
Playability Rating = 18.5
Play Rating Score = 69.0
Value Rating = 11.5
Final Score Rating = 80.50
The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-Earth is an immersive adventure game that allows players to embark on epic quests in the beloved Middle-earth universe. The game features a modular board that is randomly generated for each playthrough, ensuring that no two games are ever the same. Players take on the roles of heroes from the Lord of the Rings saga, each with unique abilities and strengths that they can use to overcome the game’s many challenges.
One of the game’s strengths is its cooperative gameplay, which encourages players to work together to achieve their objectives. The game is also battle card driven, which adds an element of strategy as players must choose which cards to use to best support their team. Additionally, the game utilizes dice rolling and grid movement mechanics, which adds a layer of chance to the gameplay.
The game has a moderate level of complexity, which can be challenging for new players, but provides a rewarding experience for those who enjoy strategy games. With its high replayability, players can enjoy countless hours of gameplay and discover new strategies and outcomes with each playthrough.
The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-Earth is a great choice for players who love adventure and exploration games, as well as fans of the Lord of the Rings universe. The game can be played solo or with up to five players, making it a versatile choice for game night.
If you enjoyed The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-Earth, here are ten other games you might enjoy:
- Gloomhaven: A cooperative dungeon-crawler with a complex campaign system and strategic gameplay.
- Descent: Journeys in the Dark: A dungeon-crawler with a campaign system and a focus on tactical combat.
- Mansions of Madness: A cooperative game set in the Lovecraftian universe, with a focus on exploration and puzzle-solving.
- Arkham Horror: The Card Game: A cooperative card game set in the Lovecraftian universe, with a focus on deck-building and narrative storytelling.
- Pandemic: A cooperative game where players must work together to stop the spread of a global pandemic.
- Betrayal at Baldur’s Gate: A cooperative game with a traitor mechanic
This review was provided by Open Source Artificial Intelligence programs. It uses a series of complex statement to have AI programs amalgomate their databases to produces information on board games. These reviews are completely unedited output from the AI bots.