Through the Ages Board Game Review
Name of game: Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization
BGG Weight: 4.18 / 5
Year Published: 2006
Publisher: Czech Games Edition
Designer: Vlaada Chvátil
Number of players: 2-4
Playing time: 120-240 minutes
Game Category/Theme: Civilization building, card game
Board Game Mechanics: Action Points, Auction/Bidding, Auction: Dutch, Hand Management, Open Drafting
Player Interaction: 7.5
Game Rating: 9
Weight Rating = (8.5 + 10) = 18.5
Playability rating = [(9 + 7.5 + 9) – 8.5] = 17
Play Rating score = (18.5 + 17) x 2 = 71
Value Rating = 71 / 6 = 11.83
Final Score Rating = 71 + 11.83 = 82.83
Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization is a complex civilization-building card game where players lead their own civilizations through history, from ancient times to the modern era. Players must manage their resources, build their military, construct buildings, and discover new technologies in order to become the most dominant civilization in the world. The game offers a deep level of strategy and decision-making as players must carefully balance their choices and manage their cards in hand. The artwork is beautiful, and the gameplay is engaging and immersive. Through the Ages also offers a solo variant for those who prefer to play alone.
For those who enjoyed Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization, here are 10 other games that may appeal to them:
- Sid Meier’s Civilization: The Board Game – A civilization-building board game based on the popular video game series.
- Terraforming Mars – A strategy game where players work to terraform Mars by raising the temperature, oxygen, and ocean levels.
- Scythe – A strategy game set in an alternate 1920s Europe where players compete to conquer territory and gain resources.
- Puerto Rico – A classic strategy game where players build and develop the island of Puerto Rico in the 18th century.
- Gaia Project – A sci-fi themed strategy game where players compete to colonize space and expand their empires.
- Race for the Galaxy – A card game where players build galactic civilizations and explore new technologies.
- Eclipse – A space-themed strategy game where players explore the galaxy, research technologies, and engage in ship-to-ship combat.
- A Game of Thrones: The Board Game – A strategy game based on the popular book and TV series where players vie for control of the Seven Kingdoms.
- Dominant Species – A strategy game where players lead different animal species in a fight for survival and dominance.
- Twilight Imperium: Fourth Edition – A massive space-themed strategy game where players compete to become the dominant civilization in the galaxy.
This review was provided by Open Source Artificial Intelligence programs. It uses a series of complex statement to have AI programs amalgomate their databases to produces information on board games. These reviews are completely unedited output from the AI bots.