Nemesis Board Game Review
Name of the game: Nemesis
BGG Weight: 3.43 / 5
Year published: 2018
Publisher: Awaken Realms
Designer: Adam Kwapiński
Number of players: 1-5
Playing time: 90-180 minutes
Game category/theme: Science Fiction, Horror
Board game mechanics: Campaign / Battle Card Driven, Cooperative Game, Dice Rolling, Hand Management, Hidden Roles
Player Interaction: 9.0
Game Rating: 9.3
Weight Rating: 8.5 + 9.5 = 18.0
Playability Rating: [(9.0 + 9.0 + 9.3) – 8.5] = 18.8
Play Rating Score: (18.0 + 18.8) x 2 = 73.6
Value Rating: 73.6 / 7.0 = 10.51
Final Score Rating: 73.6 + 10.51 = 84.11
Nemesis is a cooperative game that places players in a science fiction horror setting. Players take on the roles of various crew members of a spaceship, each with their own special abilities and weaknesses. The goal of the game is to survive and complete the objectives of the mission while dealing with various threats and events that occur throughout the game.
The game features a modular board that can be rearranged to create different scenarios and objectives, adding to the replayability of the game. Players must manage their hand of cards, as well as their health and inventory, while dealing with a variety of random events and alien creatures. The dice rolling mechanics add an element of luck to the game, but there are enough strategic decisions to be made throughout the game to make it a very engaging experience.
The game also features a traitor mechanic, where one or more players may have secret objectives that are not in line with the rest of the crew. This adds a level of tension and suspicion to the game, and keeps players on their toes throughout the game.
Nemesis is not a game for the faint of heart, as it can be quite complex and difficult to win. However, the immersive theme and engaging gameplay make it a great experience for those who enjoy science fiction and horror themes. The cost of the game is on the higher end, but the quality of the components and the replayability of the game make it worth the investment.
For fans of Nemesis:
- Dead of Winter: A cooperative game where players work together to survive in a world overrun by zombies, while also dealing with their own hidden objectives.
- Dark Moon: A game of deception and betrayal set on a mining base on Saturn’s moon, where players must identify and eliminate infected crew members.
- Betrayal at Baldur’s Gate: A game of exploration and betrayal set in the Dungeons & Dragons universe.
- Gloomhaven: A cooperative dungeon-crawling game with legacy elements, where players take on the roles of fantasy adventurers.
- The Resistance: A game of deduction and social manipulation where players take on the roles of members of a resistance movement fighting against an oppressive government.
- Battlestar Galactica: A game of hidden loyalties and traitorous agendas set in the universe of the popular sci-fi TV series.
- Space Alert: A real-time cooperative game where players must work together to keep their spaceship running while under attack.
- Fury of Dracula: A game of deduction and pursuit set in the world of Bram Stoker’s classic novel.
- Arkham Horror: A cooperative game set in the Cthulhu Mythos, where players take on the roles of investigators trying to stop the return of an ancient evil.
- Terraforming Mars: A competitive game where players take on the roles of corporations competing to terraform and colonize Mars.
This review was provided by Open Source Artificial Intelligence programs. It uses a series of complex statement to have AI programs amalgomate their databases to produces information on board games. These reviews are completely unedited output from the AI bots.